Thursday, December 23, 2010

Blackmailing Your Kids

Blackmail, pre-punishment, future justice, call it what you will but why do parents (including myself) feel the need to dress our children up in the most awful outfits. This Christmas my wife and I did this to our poor son. I'm sure 15 years from now when his girl friend comes over I can threaten him to clean his room or I'm going to pull out the pictures of him in an elf costume I'll be happy that I did this. But part of me feels bad for him. I mean sure my parents did it to me, and their parents probably did it to them. But still are there no limits to the things we put our kids through in the name of "cuteness." Just something to ponder this holiday season as you put your own offspring in silly outfits for the Christmas Card Photo.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how the kid can be so cute and you so funny looking. Thank God for Meg!

    ReplyDelete